Thursday, February 13, 2014

More challenge cards!

I really wanted to get two cards made tonight, one for the PTI challenge and one for WPlus9.

Here's my PTI card. I really liked this challenge. Basically, there were 9 lists that consisted of 6 items. I used a random number generator and got the following items:
Colours: Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss and Kraft as my neutral
Embellishments: Baker's Twine (Fiber), Glitter
Technique: Heat Embossing
Theme: Anniversary
Sketch #6

I was really happy with me selections, although I was a bit unsure about the colour combination. It worked out though! For my stamps, I chose Rosie Posie and Beautiful Butterflies. I combined my glitter and embossing elements as one. I used Pearly Sparkle embossing powder.

From the straight-on shot, you don't get the full impact of the glitter. Here's a slightly different angle to show just how this glittery embossing powder picks up the light!



The WPlus9 Designs challenge was all about dimension. It was called Step it Up! I was inspired by the fact that tomorrow is Valentine's Day and figured I should make a card for my fiance. Here's an angle that really shows how popped up these hearts are:


And here's the front view. So first, I die cut the hearts, one at a time. I layered dot-embossed paper behind that, then popped up the stamped little hearts. Very simple, but a nice impact I think!


Supplies: Stamps: Heartfelt Mix
Ink: Black Onyx, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Soft Stone, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Smokey Shadow
Accessories, etc. Hearts & Clouds dies, swiss dot embossing folder




No comments:

Post a Comment