Thursday, July 03, 2014

Watercolour Bouquet

 
Here's a card I made last week. It ended up being one of those projects that was done in pieces. One evening I didn't really feel like making a card, but I wanted to be creative.
 
So, I stamped a little bouquet using Fresh Cut Florals and did a little bit of water painting to make it look more like a hand-painted image instead of a hand-stamped image. To do this, I started with some cotton paper. I inked up the flowers using the Coastal Cabana marker. The leaves were done using Pistachio Pudding.
 
Then I just went in with a wet paintbrush and started blending. I wanted a bit more shading, so I scribbled the markers on an acrylic block as my palette and added in some shading using the wet brush.
 

 
A few days later, I came back to the mini artwork and decided it should go on a card before I forgot to use it! I mounted it on some Pistachio Pudding paper. For the card base, I ran only the front bottom half through an embossing folder. I added the satin ribbon and a nice little greeting from Heartfelt Mix.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Cut Florals, Heartfelt Mix (WPlus9 Designs)
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Black Onyx
Paper: Cotton Paper, Pistachio Pudding, Bermuda Bay
Accessories, etc.: White Satin Ribbon, Embossing Folder (Darice)

No comments:

Post a Comment