Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Wet Alphabet Background

Over the weekend, I had packed up a few stamp sets, inks, and papers and was off house-sitting. I really wanted to try a few background stamping techniques, but didn't have any background stamps with me. I did, however, have the Wet Paint Alphabet with me. I took a look at how the letters were all arranged on the plastic sheet they came on and thought, "hey, that'd make a good background". I temporarily adhered the plastic sheet to a larger acrylic block, inked the stamps up with Fresh Snow, and then stamped it onto some water colour paper. I applied a coating of clear embossing powder, heated it, then washed a few colours over it.
 
The colours I chose, from left to right are New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Blueberry Sky, Ripe Avocado.
 
 

I wasn't sure what kind of card to make, given that anything with an alphabet background reminds me of school, so I thought maybe I could make a congratulations card and then I have a school related or perhaps a graduation card, ready to go!

Supplies:
Stamps: Wet Paint Alphabet, Wet Paint III
Ink: Fresh Snow, New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Blueberry Sky, Ripe Avocado
Paper: Smokey Shadow, White Cotton
Accessories, etc.: Clear Embossing Powder

2 comments: