Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stars & Watercolour

Here is the anniversary card I made for my husband this year. I bought this set when it first came out because I love all things starry and also because I thought the sentiments were sweet. I had yet to make a card for my husband and when he read the sentiments, he may have teased me a bit at the cheese factor. So because of that I decided I had to use it on his card. I'm cheeky like that :)

For this background, I worked in sections, wetting the paper and then dabbing the inked up paintbrush into the water, letting the ink blend and move with the water as it pleased. I really like this look and you can make it as light or as bold as you like. If you want more colour, you can go back in with more ink, or use slightly less water.

Once I was happy with the background, I decided on my sentiment placement, then started adding in the stars.

The final step was the embossed, popped up star. I don't dark blue embossing powder or craft ink, so I did the old stamp in Versamark first and then into your dye ink trick. Doing this doesn't damage the dye ink pad and it gives the image enough stickiness for embossing powder to stick to!


Supplies:
Stamps: Super Stars (PTI)
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China (Distress Inks), Versamark, Black Onyx, Enchanted Evening
Paper: Enchanted Evening, Brushed Silver, Savoy Cotton 118lb

I know the price point may seem a bit steep for a 25 pack, but I have to say, I absolutely love this paper for watercolouring! I initially bought it to use with my letterpress kits, and it really does press quite well. However, I happened upon watercolouring onto it by happy accident and now I almost always pull it out for that. I have both the bright white and the natural white. I love it since it's a smooth surface. I've always disliked the extremely textured watercolour papers. 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment